Friday, September 9, 2011

Thred Up- Kid's Clothes & Toy Swap


I just wanted to take a minute to give a shout out to "Thred Up", a kid's clothing & toy swap website. We're full-swing into the new clothes shopping season which can be costly. When I was a kid quite a bit of my clothing, ok most, were pre-owned, purchased from kid's consignment shops or hand-me-downs. I never minded one bit. They were all "new" to me! Children outgrow their clothing so fast, that in my kids' world, unless it's something special (ie. an Easter dress or Christmas dress maybe) it's often purchased used. The "Thred Up" idea is simple, yet brilliant (wish I'd come up with it). You select a size, gender, season or type of item in the listings (similar to eBay), pay $5 for the clothing plus $10.95 for a flat rate priority mail shipping box, and voila! You'll have clothing on your door-step for about $1.50 an item of gently used clothing. Parents who list items have feedback scores, so you can make sure you're not buying from a louse. You can also list your child's outgrown gently-used clothing. Items need to be in style as you will receive "style" points from the recipient. Joining and listing are free! So, check them out, and save your money for more important things-like quality time with your babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment